Mr. Favre, Will You Please Go Now
Yeah, like the childhood book, you don't care how he goes just as long as he goes. In fact, you're hoping he takes those sorry commentators with him.
Well, the Birds did what they were supposed to in yet the 3rd matchup against these collegiate level opponents they've had. If you've got Donnnie Mac on your fantasy roster, you were probably more thrilled about that than any single moment of the game. I was never stressed or significantly irritated (even Bucky's fumbles only caused BDB to turn to his buddies and exclaim, "that stoopid guy from Nebraska"). I waited patiently for them to take the game over.
Some props to Reid for trying to establish a run game, it's clear this team needs to continue practicing that. Glad to see McNabb use the run when appropriate. Michael Lewis seemed to pick his game up, as did the Bow Tie Guy (if only he didn't strum that stoopid air guitar all the time). Why did Reid bail on Akers' FG attempt at the end of the half? I mean, despite BDB predicting on the previous kickoff that David A was gonna have a chance at a 53 yard FG and miss (seriously, I was off by only a yard and the end result was the same as a miss), wasn't a FG attempt a far better option than going for a 37 yard touchdown play with no time on the clock?
Next week is the real game. Start the hatin' now. After last night's Brett Favre slobbering from the media, I'm looking forward to hearing all the TO chatter start back up, and I was sick of that before the weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment