Mid-Game Rants
After watching that first half, I figured some folks might want to rant mid-game, so here you go. (Besides, Tom/Lurker wasn't around by phone to gripe, so this is therapeutic, kinda, sort, not really.)
I know it is painfully obvious to every fan in the world what the options were on that last play of the first half. I also realize that Reid HAD to have told McNabb what his two options were. While I was fearing an Oline penalty and a ten second run off, the unthinkable happened, our QB throws it to a well-covered TE two yards short of the end zone. Wonderful. Unfathomable, unless of course, you know how terrible this team has in recent history been at the 1 or 2 minute drill. Geez, I thought they were gonna rid the ghosts. (It even looked like DMac was getting sick three plays before that.)
Special teams are a complete mess. The punt return team should be revamped completely. Penalties on both of the first two returns. The second punt return that was fair caught by Wynn, plenty of running room.
Good thing we have a nice pass rushing defense against these stiff quarterbacks... that and a great schedule so far of quarterback stiffs.
Gaither, thanks for yet another screw up on third and long (3rd & 7), giving TBY their 3rd & 2, which allowed for an easy first down conversion.
Is DMac haunted by TBY? That second INT was horrid (I'll credit a good read on the first one). These Birds have never protected the ball less, well, except, maybe, for that um, Superbowl thing (we still have a half left, though).
The MLew/Considine platooning doesn't look like a mistake, although Considine did allow two third down conversion passes. I guess that's better than a TD or two. He also fired through a hole to catch a runner trying to reverse the play.
Terribly frustrating, but hoping for that last drive to spark some confidence moving into the second half.
No comments:
Post a Comment