June 14, 2004

Them Excitin' Phils


Ok, it's only baseball and it's hard to get people here on the blog excited about the game. But, I actually enjoyed Sunday's game, while reclining on the couch and dozing in the 6th and 7th innings. The 13 pitch battle to end the game was a near classic moment (relative to the other 161 games in a season), as Wagner beat out LeCroy in a great at-bat and pitching duel. I was humored to hear that Pratt was harassing LeCroy after some great fouled off pitches, exclaiming, "You're awesome." I caught, but never remember pulling such tactics. Yet one more reason I didn't make the big leagues. (Yes, there were other reasons, but....)

Tonite the Phils face off against Griffey's Reds. In a rare milestone convergence, Griffey is shooting for #500, while our own Thome is targetting 400. Who would like to be sitting in the outfield at this game? It's kinda like buying that one powerball ticket when the jackpot gets up to big numbers. (Ok, don't correct me, I know not many would be that excited, but at least the odds are a little higher of catching Griffey's multi-hundred thousand dollar ball, or Thome's tens of tousands of dollars ball.) If you caught a milestone ball, would you keep it, sell it, or just give it back to the hitter?

No comments: