May 4, 2004

Flyers Win Series With Game of the Year


Ok, so BDB hasn't watched all of the games to know that this was absolutely and unquestionably the best game of the year. However, this game will be so dubbed anyway. It was exciting and displayed a lot of heart behind the orange and black. How the stars were Sundin, Primeau, and then JR is beyond me, even if I'm living in Toronto.

Besides this series bringing my hockey juices to just below a boil, I also experienced another thing: I can't stand the Leafs. Those guys are a bunch of thugs. Tucker's charge in game five and his last minute clothes-lining of Kapanen were pathetic; Domi was an all around whining goon; and, Antropov's cross-check of JR won't be forgotten. These guys are bums.

Esche deserves the play of the game (despite JR's goal production) with his most excellent save late in the third period with the score tied 2-2. An absolutely outstanding save.

I've finally figured out my own blog: willnhlrefsevergetaclue.blogspot.com. No, I won't gripe like Coatsey and claim that the refs lost any games for us. But, geez, they are sooooo bad.

Onward to Tampa! Maybe we can reverse Philly's woes of our last semi-final (football) matchup against that city (and the miserable regular season series we had vs. their hockey team this year). One positive for the Flyers is that they were pretty injured in most of the contests vs. Tampa during the regular season.

This Flyer team is likeable! How 'bouts a blog night at Stanley's for one of these games? Boo, you in?

No comments: