Philadelphia fans come through
Last night, for Santa night, the Sixers brought back the guy that was dressed as Santa when the Eagles fans pelted him with snowballs back in the day. I'm happy to report that Philadelphia stood tall:
They booed Santa Claus in Philadelphia again last night. Thirty-five years to the month, with three local teams in first place, with a public-address announcer pleading for them to be good for goodness' sakes, 18,827 at the Wachovia Center greeted Frank Olivo in much the same manner he was greeted as a 20-year-old fill-in Santa during that infamous snow-splattered game at Franklin Field in 1968.Actually I think he was 18 at the time but what do I know, I'm not a professional journalist. Read the real info on the original incident here. Important to note: the snowball throwing was in humor, as was last night's booing. Something lost on all the out of town Philly fan critics. It's fun to boo.
The Sixers won the game last night as well with Iverson sitting it out. Glenn Robinson scored a season-high 22 points, and Eric Snow added 14 points and 14 assists to lead the Sixers over Orlando. The white shadow, Kyle Korver had 16 points for the 76ers, who blew the game open with a 22-3 run in the fourth quarter on their way to victory.
No comments:
Post a Comment