December 4, 2003

At-a-Hitch!



From the AP wire:

"Philadelphia coach Ken Hitchcock said he knew the Flyers were going to win the game. How did he know? 'Because we are a better team,'' Hitchcock said. ``We have more talent. We are deeper, we have a good work ethic. I knew we were going to win the game. Pittsburgh is not going to beat us at home.'"

Now, I'm a huge fan of Hitch and believe him to be one of the brightest spots of the team. But, was it really that sure of a win, or is this one up there with his Ottawa psycho comment the other day? It sure isn't something you'd hear out of the mouth of Andy Reid before or after ANY game (granted less parity in the NHL than in the NFL, but...). Man, if Hitch was that sure, then I better get on this bandwagon as soon as the Eagles' season is over. I think one of the rare public network games is on this Friday, anyway!

No comments: