Best Philly Sports Moments of 2010
It's never too early to start thinking about the year in review. And, honestly, I'm not sure I previously could have come up with 5 top PHILLY sports moments. But, this year had quite a few. This yahoo article starts us up with 5 and got me thinking:
* Flyers' historic 0-3 playoff comeback (including also being down 0-3 in Game 7). This happened AFTER squeaking into the playoffs in the first place, and resulted in a pretty nice run at the Cup in general.
* Halladay playoff No-Hitter.
* Richards conference finals short-handed goal.
* Halladay perfect game.
* 76ers get 2nd overall pick.
As of now, I can't personally include that short-handed goal OR the Sixers' pick. My quick-recall top Philly moments:
* Halladay playoff No-Hitter
* Vick's performance against Washington (honorable alternate Eagle moment: McNabb trade, signifying a new era, an era that we didn't expect to start this fast).
* Halladay perfect game.
* Flyers' playoff run, especially the 0-3 comeback.
* The Cliff Lee signing.
How about yours? (No cheating, don't post six!) I'm interested in what I missed.
As far as lows go,Losing game 5 to the SF Giants was pretty low, 3 losses in a single season to the Cowboys was pretty low when it was completed in the playoffs in early 2010, and that Flyers' game 6 loss hurt but not nearly as badly as they over-achieved in the first place.
No comments:
Post a Comment