July 13, 2008

Linebacker Excitement?


The News Journal ran an article online that implies the Birds' LB core is at the head of the class. Normally, I'd just shrug that off and attribute it to the Summer doldrums of sports, where writers need SOMETHING to write about. Additionally, when they start focusing on the "smarts" of the players for about half of the article, you also start to wonder how much of a green kool-aid article it might just be. But, oddly enough, last week one day, I caught the end of a Merrill Reese interview in the AM as I got into my car. Surely enough, he was hot on the LB's. By itself, again, MR is a pure Eagle homer and you always have this skepticism about anything he says positive. While I won't say this LB core is awesome, it is probably the most positive forward looking group we've had in a while, but it is also the most unknown, unproven perhaps. I'd love to see what other real NFL scouting types think of it. I guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks before we see it play out before our very own eyes. Regardless, I'm ready for sports to resume a life beyond the Phils!

No comments: