July 6, 2008

Lidge Staying, Myers Going?, & Baseball Bashing


Well, it looks like the Phils have made a clear statement about the fate of Myers in Philly: He isn't going to be a closer ever again. Not sure what trade value he has as a closer anyway, but it looks like he'll be traded, return as a starter (maybe this will get him over the mental hump of wanting to be a closer), or become a longer reliever / setup guy.

Now, while I normally play apologist to the mindless baseball bashing that can go on right here on wwew, I gotta admit... Watching this rain delay a bit today is fascinating. I can see why you can't play ball in the rain (heck, I've tried it before), why the field has to be nearly mud free to resume play is beyond me. Sure, injury risks are higher, but for goodness sakes, many outdoor sports could claim the same. In fact, I'd argue that the chance of injury in football is GREATER on wet or muddy surfaces. If the rain stops, get your bottoms out there and play.

No comments: