First round of the playoffs
After watching the Flyers struggle to defeat the Garth Snow led Bridgeport Sound Tigers, AKA the NY Islanders, in the last game of the season, I really have little hope for the team in the playoffs. Many of their best players are hurt or hurting. Forsberg has a great history of playoff greatness but his groin could go at any moment. Esche actually looks good but not the defense in front of him. The second line of Carter, Umberger and Dimitrakos have been the best and most consistent line down the stretch but can they maintain it at the next level of play? Then there is the biggest problem - the penalty kill. The Flyers don't have one. And their power play is almost as bad. I think the Flyers will put up a good fight and battle in every game but in the end special teams is what will doom the Flyers. I see them losing in 6. Below is what it will look like:

Other Series
Ottawa over Tampa Bay in 5
Carolina over Montreal in 6
New Jersey over New York in 4
Detroit over Edmonton in 6
Dallass over Colorado in 5
Calgary over Anaheim in 6
San Jose over Nashville in 6
I'll stick with my beginning of the season prediction and say Ottawa wins the cup but I can see NJ getting another one as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment