February 2, 2006

McNabb the total chump


McNabb has always annoyed me. I don't like his demeanor, I don't like his robotic monotone news conferences and his constant nose wrinkling, I don't like his constant empty talk about how he's a leader as if he's trying to convince not only us that it's true but also himself, and what's always really annoyed me is his forced, fake jocularity when he's trying to show his "lighter side".

I have to think McNabb is totally insecure and that's why he always feels so victimized -- the most victimized multi-millionaire sports star ever. He STILL whines to this day about the 30 drunks that booed him on draft day. McNabb probably still holds a grudge against the kid that hit him with a snowball in 3rd grade. Now McNabb's latest whine is about what total non-entity Freddy Mitchell (who?) once said and TO's comments from last year's ESPN interview that everyone else had moved past. But the real kicker is he had the gall to call TO's comments "black on black" crime. TO didn't come up with Brett Favre anyway, Irvin did, it wasn't racist at all, but in McNabb's mind I don't think he's dealing with reality anymore. He has to be mentally ill.

McNabb thinks he gets more criticized than other QBs? Remember Jaworski? Booed mercilessly. Fans chanted "Randall! Randall!" as soon as he threw a bad pass and I think he once took the Eagles to the Super Bowl if I'm remembering correctly. If that's too far in the past, remember Doug Pederson? He wasn't supposed to be good but did he get any slack? Elway was constantly criticized in Denver, Phil Simms was booed on draft day too, Browns fans cheered when Tim Couch got hurt a few years ago. Saints fans did the same for Bobby Herbert. McNabb, get some perspective.

It's Eric Lindros all over again. I'm ready to get rid of McNabb, his tiresome Chunky mom, his dumb "black-on-black crime" dad, and all his hurt feelings while he still has value and before he pouts, mopes, and whines, through another losing season. Maybe the Eagles can get lucky and find a modern day Minnesota to make a deal with.

I realize none of this will happen of course because McNabb is Reid's BFF but with McNabb and his pathetic attitude and warped perspective I don't think the Eagles will be any better than last year. The window has closed.

No comments: