More bad news
While things keep getting better for the Flyers, the opposite is true for the Eagles. First TO threatens to hold out and annoys everyone, McDougle gets shot, and then Westbrook does hold out. Now Pinkston, who has been getting booed at camp, is out for the year with a torn Achilles.
Greg Lewis will move up the depth chart I suppose to fill Pinkston's spot but who will step up to be the third receiver? McMullen? I doubt it. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets cut this year even though he worked out with McNabb in the offseason. Reggie Brown? Maybe. Reid says he's picking up the offense fast. Hopefully that's true and not Reid trying to build confidence in a rookie. There are also some unknown receivers also in camp that could get the job done - Justin Jenkins, Robert Redd, and Isaac West. (The Eagles have a profile on Redd here.)
Although it's against my nature, I have to concur with the Eagles website's upbeat demeanor: "...if you look at the Eagles' track record, they always find a way to get the job done."
Let's hope. I still want two parades on Broad Street next year.
No comments:
Post a Comment