NHL Commits Suicide
Well its official, the NHL and the NHLPA have failed to reach an agreement and the NHL has decided to lock out the players. So for now there is no NHL, and depending on who you ask it may last anywhere from a few months to two years or more. No hockey, no fights, no goals, no penalty shots but most important of all NO FANS. Isn't that there source of income? If the league isn't profitable now, how will it be profitable once they've triggered a mass exodus of fans? What the NHL seems to forget is that even the most die hard hockey fans, like myself, are going to have little trouble picking up the remote and flipping the channel. Maybe the NHL and the NHLPA can decide to put the fans first. Maybe the players can ask themselves "Why did I work so hard to get to this level?" What ever happened to the love of the game? I still hold out hope that they will eventually reach an agreement and if they do great, in the meantime I'll be watching football.
There are tons of articles on this so I just picked a few that I thought were the best: An Editorial from Yahoo. Winnipeg Sun. Toronto Star.
No comments:
Post a Comment