March 25, 2004

St. Joe's Terrific Season Will End Tonight


I thought I'd post a little flamebait today. Tonight Phil Martelli and the St. Joe's teams will meet the demon Deacons of Wake Forest in a chance to move on to the elite eight. Now I know that this website is for Philly teams and St. Joe's are the local boys, but this is an ACC team there going up against. Everyone is hyping up the Jameer Nelson vs Chris Paul matchup but I think the real question is how well the Deacons can play defense. So what do the stars have to say about each other:
"He's talented. A lot of freshmen get nervous out there. He doesn't. ... It's not about me. But I know I can hold my own." Jameer Nelson on Chris Paul.
"I can't wait He's a great player and coach (Skip Prosser) always said to be the best you've got to go against the best." Chris Paul, Wake Forest freshman point guard on Jameer Nelson
My southern heritage may force me to cheer for the Deacons but I won't count St. Joe's out, after all that school is run by a bunch of catholic priests and they know a thing or two about ballhandling!

More coverage: ESPN SI FOXSports

No comments: