An Eagles Dream Team
I'm by no means down on the Eagles, as they've had a great off season. But, I am still not a Super Bowl believer, so I'm glad to hear Jeff Lurie insisting they're not a dream team, despite it sounding like goofy homage to The Pack. Now with Patterson going down indefinitely, it raises another concern around the team: DT's. While we're all hoping for the best for him, regardless of his football future, what's got you concerned most about the upcoming season? For me, in some order of relative importance:
- Linebackers. When the offense slows down against better/playoff teams in the cold weather, the opponents running through and TE's crossing beyond our DL concerns me. This is even more worrisome given the condition of the DL.
- DL, and this may be understated now with Patterson likely out. Add to that Abiamiri (aka Derrick Burgess Part 2, although maybe without an eventual good full year one day). Yikes. We know who will cover WR's, but what about the run and short field?
- Vick getting hurt. He's made it through only one complete season ever in his career? As fun as he has been to watch, I still flaw this approach as I don't think he's the recipe to win a championship, more to showcase a high powered offense. With Vince Young backing him up and an improved OL for 2011, I'm slightly less concerned about this but it's still up there for me.
- Andy Reid. Still hoping that McNabb was most of the problem, but....
- No more Akers, and the fear that we'll be struggling with a Kicker all year, which could become super important in January.
I'm not worried about safety with this secondary and the ability to put a nickle out there on every down (btw, Nnamdi can tackle!). Our skill positions on offense are fine w/ our backfield and if Maclin and DJax are both going to play (I also texted a few buddies earlier this week that either Owens or Moss would end up an Eagle before the end of the season). Our OL is much better. A lot of things going for us vs. last year.
No comments:
Post a Comment