Flyers play great, fall apart, but hold on and win
I guess I'm supposed to be happy that the Flyers tied the series 2-2, but with the third period collapse they lost any chance of making Chicago doubt themselves, and that pisses me off. If they simply won 3-1 and shut down Chicago in the third, and continued to frustrate them they would have carried momentum into game 5. Instead Chicago gets some confidence from the comeback and now has home ice. Oh well.
///
Leighton was really good tonight and inspired confidence. He came through in the first when Chicago was outshooting the Flyers 9-4 and controlled rebounds really well for most of the game. He made some big saves late as well. Chicago's first goal was another lucky deflection off a Flyer, second goal was a 5 on 3, and the third goal was another lucky bounce off 2 Flyers. (How many goals have the Flyers deflected in for Chicago this series?)
///
Richard's goal wouldn't have happened if the defenseman was a righty. Giroux's goal happened because Chicago decided to change lines as the Flyers were going into the offensive zone. Good move.
///
Coach System did NOT call a masterful timeout this game. Could have used it in the third period.
///
Pronger and Carle were really, really good. Carle's goal was reminiscent of the one he scored against the Rangers in the last game of the season. Way to go to the net. Krajicek and Bartulis are always shaky, but Krajicek saved a goal in the third.
///
I loved the lucky goal by Leino. About time the Flyers got a bounce off a Blackhawk that goes in. Congratulations on breaking the Flyers rookie playoff scoring record. But I don't get how he is a rookie, he played 13 games in 2008-09 for Detroit.
///
I wonder what Hartnell said. Idiot.
No comments:
Post a Comment