Typical
I kind of feel that calling the game was a reprieve for the Phillies. After Utley blew for the 1000 zillionth time another great opportunity to get 1 lousy hit with guys on base I felt the wheels were starting to come off. And when Rollins booted the BJ Upton grounder I knew he was going to be the tying run. I even have witnesses! Anyway, you could see the usual disaster starting to happen again. You could see it all slipping away like a ball out of Rollins hand.
Just like the Buccaneers game everything was lined up and people were talking like they already won. Then they jumped out to a very reminiscent early lead and it looked like it was going to be a cakewalk, just like the Eagles game. On WIP during the game, Jason Martinez, Mike Kern, and a caller were even talking about who they could get in the offseason so they could repeat.
I will never be convinced until the last out or the last second has ticked off the clock. Until then, it will still be will we ever win.
Other notes: MLB sucks. Was there anyone that didn't know this rain storm was going to happen since about noon? And it's going to be 38 with windchills in the 20s tomorrow and I bet they try and force the last 3 and half innings in anyway.
Also, even though the Phillies technically would have won if they called the game after 5 or the Rays didn't tie in the top of the 6th, that would be totally cheap, bogus and pathetic way to win. Not that I think they would have done that.
No comments:
Post a Comment