September 16, 2008

Typical


But atypically the Eagles defense was frustrating this game, not the offense. In fact, the defense pretty much sucks. But when the pressure was really on, McNabb got tight (as usual) and started panicking (as usual) and then he also had the usual brain freeze to top it all off. THROW IT AWAY YOU IDIOT. TWICE! 10 frickin' years in the league and he still doesn't have a clue. How many times have I written it in this stupid blog? Can't he read? And then the hook and ladder/lateral at the end of the game? Are you kidding me?

The last 3 minutes of the game RUINED the previous 57 because of the complete stupidity of the Eagles and McNabb. Up until then I wasn't even going to be angry if they lost because the offense played so well for the most part and was dominant, but this team and Andy Reid are the most frustrating team in history and they found a way to piss me off anyway. The Eagles snatched defeat from the jaws of victory.

So the end of the game sucked and the crucial McNabb mix-up on the Westbrook handoff was horrible, but if you look at the game in total the Eagles really blew this game in the first half. They had 3 field goals where they should have had at least 2 touchdowns. The first case being the DeSean Jackson fumble on the first drive that was recovered in the endzone for a touchdown that Reid didn't challenge. What was he afraid of, wasting a timeout? Then right before the half the Eagles screwed around trying to run out the clock instead of being aggressive and going for a touchdown. And what good was it anyway because the defense gave the field goal right back in 40 seconds? Other big first half loser moments was the 72 yard bomb to TO and the 98 yard kick-off return for a TD. The Eagles should have been up by at least 20 instead of 6 at halftime.

Other notes:
  • Dallass sucks.
  • How many third and longs did the defense give up? Where was the vaunted blitz and the rush? What's up with only 4 guys rushing?
  • The defense gave up the traditional first possession of the game touchdown.
  • In case you had forgotten, Considine sucks.
  • Why wasn't Lito on TO the entire first half? TO disappeared in the second.
  • Kick-off coverage sucks.
  • How much do the refs suck?
    • Westbrook tackled out of bounds, no call.
    • Blowing play dead for unabated to the QB when the guy was laying on the ground. Should have been a free play.
    • Obvious to even the blind Westbrook facemask non-call.
    • Asante Samuels facemask after his interception non-call.
    • Greg Lewis drawing an interference call when it should have been on him.
    • DeSean Jackson showboat fumble they blew.
    • Marion Barber fumble? How about a replay ESPN?
    • False start and then unsportsmanlike on Trent Cole for reacting to it? Are you nuts?
  • I didn't care about all the Mexicans until I realized they're all Cowboys fans. Deport now and build that damn wall.
  • How good was that super slow motion replay of Romo fumbling the ball in the endzone, picking it up, getting hit, fumbling it again and watching Gocong finally recovering it for a TD?
  • DeSean Jackson, you're an asshole. So lucky the refs weren't paying attention.
  • LJ Smith sucks.
  • Speaking of M.I.A., where was Yoko Romo?
  • I will say the Eagles did have a pretty good run defense, but i thought the pass defense was supposed to be a strength.
  • In case you stopped hating Tony Kornheiser, his asslicking soliloquy on the Cowboys should have reignited it. But he just did it to needle Philadelphia. More importantly though he's a terrible announcer. Dude, just shut up.
  • Sadly, Dawkins doesn't really have it any more. He just doesn't look slow, he is slow. Quentin Mikell should get more time
  • I've always hated reverses and end arounds.
  • Nobody can cover Witten, the only guy on the Cowboys I respect.
  • How important was it that Shawn Andrews went out near the end of the game?
So if I was a dispassionate observer, this was a great football game to cap off a great NFL weekend, but I'm not so I really can't take any real enjoyment from it. Sad, I know. The Eagles had this game but blew it. Sigh. I'll never get used to it.

No comments: