Ok, It's Time...
To recognize that the Phillies do have issues. I've previously watched the Phils offense struggle and written it off to regular slumping that's inherent to baseball. And, while it's still possible that the offense can get clicking again, it certainly won't just happen naturally as an emergence from a slump. Something has to fundamentally change and be addressed. This offense is a mess. The fact that it continued last night against a bad opponent is even more concerning. Combine all that with their horrid record against top tier teams, particularly in the AL but not ignoring their inability to win a NYM or FLA series, and this team has batting issues. The pitching is what it is and might arguably be one of the best staffs in the NL. But this offense is a fraction of what it used to be and there's no appeasing explanation. No, I don't think they're "trying too hard." That's what happens to bring about slumps, not long drawn out droughts. Furthermore, if you'll recall during last year's playoffs, what nailed 'em wasn't their pitching, it was the offense shutting down.
Isn't Charlie a batting-minded manager? It's time for Charlie to go. He did his job, was the players' coach while they couldn't contend. Now that we need to contend, he needs to go along with his bad decision making (which makes a difference in playoff baseball).
(Oh, and I don't wear my JRol jersey as proudly as I once did... but I still wear it.)
No comments:
Post a Comment