Axman cut
Eagles let Trotter go today and this time it probably wasn't a mistake. We all watched Trotter age before our eyes last season and I'm sure the Eagles hierarchy noticed too. Instead of just releasing him at the end of the season, they did the right thing and gave him the benefit of the doubt. And then when he showed up in shape and lighter, I'm sure they wanted to see what he could still do. Apparently he could do everything but move side-to-side and cover tightends and running backs because his knees are in worse shape than Mr. Burns. If you remember even no-name tightends had a bad habit of killing the Eagles last year and the Eagles can't leave themselves that vulnerable with Trotter on the field.
I'm sad to see Trotter go as he was one of my favorite players. Trotter was great in his day but unfortunately his body is failing him even if his heart hasn't and hopefully he'll get picked up by a good, non-Eagles-rival team that has a chance. I'm also sad that I'll never have the chance to use "Jeremiah Potter Late Game Magic Saves the Day" headline. I was saving that one up.
No comments:
Post a Comment