Opening Day

Baseball isn't my thing. I just find it a tedious game played by the biggest prima donnas in sports. But I will admit going to a game on a mild summer evening and relaxing while watching a game is appealing, usually a good time, and entertaining except for the tired, wack-ass antics of the stupid Phillie Phanatic. And this season the Phillies are supposed to actually win more games than they lose and maybe make the playoffs. Yes, that's what was supposed to happen last year as well but maybe it will come true in 2007... but probably not.
ESPN picks the Mets to win the division, Phillies to get the wildcard.
Some Fox nerd says Phillies finish third because of a bad spring training.
Diamond Mind Baseball, a genius baseball computer, picks the Phillies.
Sporting News Magazine picks the Phillies to go to the World Series. (no link)
Sports Illustrated picked the Phillies third. (no link)
Jody MacDonald picked the Phillies. (no link)
And Jimmie Rollins picked the Phillies too.
And I will pick the Phillies to make the playoffs with 89 wins and Burrell to be the team's whipping boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment