December 13, 2006

Screw this team


I turned the game off after it became 6-2. Granted it is the Phantoms vs. the Penguins but they're not even trying, they're just standing around watching. And if you look at the standings, the Penguins aren't really that great. If you take away the 5 thrashings of the Flyers, the worst team in the league, they're under .500.

Why don't the Flyers hate players like Crosby as much as I do? Why are they so weak. Instead they just sit back and let themselves be made into a bunch of fools while the other teams laugh in their face. You think it would make the Flyers angry but it doesn't. Instead of lighting a competitive fire they just docilely take their shifts and shuffle back to the bench or back to center ice after another goal where the other team had all the open ice in the world or all the time and space in the world to put in rebounds.

And while all this is happening the so called "best player in the world" is traveling it, questing for a magic golden skate for the delicate bloom of his veal like foot. Back in my day the Flyers had a captain that was a man named Dave Poulin who led his overachieving teams to Conference Championships with cracked ribs and his broken and swollen feet stuffed into skates 2 sizes too small.

I can't take this team anymore. After they only scored 2 goals in a 5 game playoff series vs. Ottawa a couple years ago and made Chechmanek and Bill Barber the scapegoats, I pretty much stopped watching them the next season because of my disgust. While my disgust now isn't quite the same as then it's still enough to make me do the same. I've had enough. This will be the last "comment" on a Flyers game from me for awhile unless they actually start to compete again. But I really don't see that happening anytime soon.

No comments: