Best Game Yet
Flyers 0 - Calgary 0. Talk all you want about the new NHL and goal scoring and shootouts and Sidney Crosby and blah blah blah, this was the best Flyers game of the year. The wins versus Ottawa and NJ were quality, but in terms of entertainment this zero zero tie was tops. A tremendous effort by a short staffed Flyers squad, plus great hitting and goaltending by both teams, made this a game I watched perched on the edge of my couch instead of laying down on it.
But since I am a Philadelphia fan I have to go negative. First off- Donald Brashear- what the f are you being paid to do? You have Darren McCarty hammer Desjardins, injuring him, and you did nothing but stare at him. Gagne knows you are impotent so he took matters into his own hands when Robyn Regehr hit him. Has Hitchcock enacted a fighting ban? Pathetic. Also Knuble, you suck. Savage is totally useless, I hope they scratch him forever.
Now for some great hockey analysis. If Desjardins is seriously (4 weeks or more) hurt, I see the Flyers looking to pick up a defenseman. This would mean parting with a quality player, but maybe they could swing Brashear/Sim for puckhandler. The new guy (Ellison) played well, and looked good on draws. The team really needs Primeau and Forsberg back as soon as possible.
UPDATE: Desjardins is out for 8-10 weeks. Awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment