June 3, 2005

Phantoms go for the Cup


Without the Flyer's annual Spring time choking to entertain us, Ron and I have been feverishly following Philadelphia's farm teams- the Phantoms and the Trenton Titans- as they battle it out in the playoffs. The Titans have emerged victorious, winning the ECHL's Kelly Cup. Meanwhile, The Phantoms took a 1-0 lead in the Calder Cup finals with their victory over Chicago last night. Game 2 of the Calder Cup finals will be on Comcast Saturday night at 8pm. Watch if only to see some genuine Flyers stars of the future in Jeff Carter and Mike Richards.

So what have the Phantoms done to prepare for the Cup run? Watch a lot of movies, apparently. Check out this review of Gladiator by tough guy Josh Gratton:
I would like to think I pattern myself after the main character in the movie, Maximus. That boy could really kick some you know what. I'd say it's one of the better movies that have come out recently. I think it even won best picture. I highly recommend it.
Read others Phantom's opinions (including Todd Fedoruk's sweet review of Napoleon Dynamite) here.

No comments: