December 5, 2004

Total domination


The question was, "What if this team ever puts it all together?" The answer is, "35-3 by halftime". Probably the best performance by an Eagles team in a half of football that I've ever seen. On the offensive side of the ball McNabb was on target from the start and when he wasn't perfect his receivers were making catches like they were playing with a Nerf. Reid made all the right calls (except on 3rd and inches and on that end-around - I hate that play), offense executed with almost no mistakes (McNabb's fumble and a holding call is all I can think of) and Greenbay's unimposing defense made several costly ones. On defense the Eagles sacked Favre three times and picked him twice and ended his consecutive games throwing a touchdown streak. They stuffed the run and shook the receivers who dropped passes all day and Favre appeared scared too as he made several bad throws. Greenbay's offense only increased their misery with several damaging penalties.

Two minor, minor grumbles - I agree with the announcers and Reid should have taken out the starters earlier. And Fox should have had cued up and ready to go the Detmer ass spank dance that he did a few years ago against Green Bay and played it when he finally entered the game. Let's hope the Eagles can duplicate this performance in the playoffs.

No comments: