Birds Beat Bears
No, I'm not referring to The Blue Hens' dramatic victory over the Black Bears this weekend. The Philadelphia Eagles entered their bye week with a win on the road in Chicago. They're now 4-0 at the bye, clearly the best start ever under Reid (since '93, actually). Eagle fans have a lot to be excited about, despite the fact that this one wasn't as impressive as their previous three.
I'm not one to sympathize with the fans out there saying it was, "boring." I mean, good gosh, always something to complain about. However, this game was predictable. Although BDB weeks ago saw this one as the Eagles' loss, the absence of Grossman, Urlacher, and CHI's two starting CB's resulted in a modified prediction earlier this week that they would win but not cover the spread. Indeed, the Eagles did win, while covering the spread by a single point. Grossman's absence allowed the Birds to focus on the run and dare Quinn to beat them through the air.
- Penalties were excessive. However, I still see the referees giving the Birds all the dubious calls. This is the second season in a row that the NFL has backed the Eagles.
- I thought FB Parry did an ok job, although he is clearly not the power-blocker that Ritchie was. Unfortunately, he didn't catch a single ball. At the same time, he protected BW amidst 32 touches (I'll settle for that).
- The red zone offense was not as strong as it has been.
- Akers did ok managing the wind, despite his two misses. This guy would smoke the rest of the NFL indoors.
- It was fairly obvious that the Bears had an ex-Eagle coaching the D, as they blitzed frequently in the second half and clearly disrupted McNabb's timing.
- Once again, our starting corners were solid tacklers.
Big Daddy B
No comments:
Post a Comment